- About Us
- Client Pages
- Small Print
- Pinbrook Blog
- Email Us
AWStats - Website Stats
AWStats is a web analytics tool, which can be available both in Unix and Windows hosted accounts, depending on your plan. It generates web, ftp or mail server statistics into graphical web pages. If active, AWStats for your domain is available in your browser at http://yourdomainname/cgi-bin/awstats.pl
AWStats has a separate configuration file for each serviced domain name.
AWStats can only trace history form the day it is activated in your control panel.
A full log analysis enables AWStats to show you the following information:
* Number of visits, and number of unique visitors,
* Visits duration and last visits,
* Authenticated users, and last authenticated visits,
* Days of week and rush hours (pages, hits, KB for each hour and day of week),
* Domains/countries of hosts visitors (pages, hits, KB, 269 domains/countries detected, GeoIp detection),
* Hosts list, last visits and unresolved IP addresses list,
* Most viewed, entry and exit pages,
* Files type,
* Web compression statistics (for mod_gzip or mod_deflate),
* OS used (pages, hits, KB for each OS, 35 OS detected),
* Browsers used (pages, hits, KB for each browser, each version (Web, Wap, Media browsers: 97 browsers, more than 450 if using browsers_phone.pm library file),
* Visits of robots (319 robots detected),
* Worms attacks (5 worm's families),
* Search engines, keyphrases and keywords used to find your site (The 115 most famous search engines are detected like yahoo, google, altavista, etc...),
* HTTP errors (Page Not Found with last referrer, ...),
* Other personalized reports based on url, url parameters, referer field for miscellanous/marketing purpose,
* Number of times your site is "added to favourites bookmarks".
* Screen size (need to add some HTML tags in index page).
* Ratio of Browsers with support of: Java, Flash, RealG2 reader, Quicktime reader, WMA reader, PDF reader (need to add some HTML tags in index page).
* Cluster report for load balanced servers ratio.
AWStats also supports the following features:
* Works from command line and from a browser as a CGI (with dynamic filters capabilities for some charts),
* Update of statistics can be made from a web browser and not only from your scheduler,
* Unlimited log file size, support split log files (load balancing system),
* Support 'not correctly sorted' log files even for entry and exit pages,
* Reverse DNS lookup before or during analysis, support DNS cache files,
* Country detection from IP location (geoip) or domain name,
* Plugins for US/Canadian Region , Cities, ISP and/or Organizations reports (require non free third product geoipregion, geoipcity, geoipisp and/or geoiporg database)
* WhoIS links,
* A lot of options/filters and plugins can be used,
* Multi-named web sites supported (virtual servers, great for web-hosting providers),
* Cross Site Scripting Attacks protection,
* Several languages. See AWStats F.A.Q. for full list.
* No need of rare perl libraries. All basic perl interpreters can make AWStats working,
* Dynamic reports as CGI output.
* Static reports in one or framed HTML/XHTML pages, experimental PDF export,
* Look and colors can match your site design, can use CSS,
* Help and tooltips on HTML reported pages,
* Easy to use (Just one configuration file to edit),
* Analysis database can be stored in XML format for XSLT processing,
* A Webmin module,
* Absolutely free (even for web hosting providers), with sources (GNU General Public License),
* Available on all platforms,
* AWStats has a XML Portable Application Description.
Recent blog posts