- About Us
- Client Pages
- Small Print
- Pinbrook Blog
- Email Us
Read what the Press are saying about us.
We, at Pinbrook.net, took time out in 2003 to develop our own ecommerce site...we wanted to put our money where our mouths were and create a site from scratch and turn it to profit.
The result was www.surf-wax.co.uk
We used Actinic Catalog V6 software to build the site, along with Dreamweaver. All photography was captured on digital camera and 35mm transparancies, image manipulation was done with Fireworks, Paintshop Pro and Photoshop. There were also a couple of PHP applications integrated for the forums and gallery features. To ensure trouble free hosting, we host the site on our own servers.
Actinic (who supply the ecommerce software) were so impressed with our results that they have featured us as a case study on their website. Read about it here
We also featured in the following publications
- Internet Works, issued December 2003 The feature is a spotlight on successful start up sites in 2003 see the feature here (5mb pdf)
- Practical Web Projects Issue 19 (Feb 2004). The feature describes ways to make your ecommerce site fly. See it here (700k
- Web Pages Made Easy Issue 43. (April 2004) See the article here (100k jpg)
- The Guardian, 27 May 2004 in the Business Solutions for SMEs supplement. Read a copy of the article here
- Sports Insight, a trade magazine for the sports industry, June 2004
- October 2004 Sales and Marketing Professional. See the article here.
- November 2004, Internets Works again with our top tips for Christmas
- May 2005 Issue 53, Web Pages made Easy p81
- June 2005 Issue 75, eBuyer & Online Seller p86
- October 2005, www.smallbusinesssuccess.biz as part of a feature on search engine optimisation. See the article here
- We received a mention on the Sports Insight website on October 15 2007
- and again on Sports Insight here
In May 2009 we decided to wind down Surf-Wax mainly due to other commitments at Pinbrook. We sold most of the stock off in the run up to Christmas, the website is still visible on the internet, it still attracts sufficient visitors which means Google Ads provides income that exceeds outgoings.
Recent blog posts